Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Entering deep into Taiwanese Culture


We finally got around to visiting the historic Lugang village South of Taichung, on the East coast.

My three years in Taiwan has slowly but surely changed the "My way or the higway"-cultural mentality that I grew up with. I truly disliked many things about Taiwanese customs and culture when I arrived on the island. However, I can really say that, although it definitely isn't me, I have developed much more of an appreciation and understanding.
It was wonderful to walk in this old Chinese town where time seems to stand still. Sarah has truly showed me how to appreciate this beauty in difference and variety and we had an awesome time here, people-watching, sightseeing and tasting.

Click here for more great pics of the village:

  • Lugang Pics
  • No comments: