Saturday, December 31, 2005

Florida North to South


Dis lekker maar dis nou verby.

Wednesday morning 04:00, 28 December 2005, Sarah and I were in our stacked car, turning the Corolla's nose onto I-95 South. There's not much to it. It's a straight drive for approximately 4,5 hours until you hit Miami, turn right at some stage and you'll eventually end up in front of our abode.


The further South you go, the flatter the land becomes. Florida's propably one of the few places on earth where you'll be able to see the enemy's aproach a week in advance.
But it's beautiful, a very scenic drive, this I-95 South. And I watched the sun appear on my left and witnessed the magnificent spreading of colors accross the sky with it's arrival. All the way to Miami on a near empty highway.
Starbucks coffee, Mark Knopfler, an open road combined with such tranquil beauty = sheer bliss.


No comments: