Sunday, November 26, 2006

Weekend On the East Coast

Sarah and I headed North on I-95 on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and the traditional start of the mad Xmas shopping spree. We visited our old friends Art and Adele Termorshuizen, somewhere between Jupiter and Vero Beach along Florida's East Coast. Art was my colleague in Taichung and then Sarah's colleague last year in Miami. Small world.

It was simply fantastic to spend time with them, to get out of Miami for a breather and some cooler weather. The Termorsies live on the edge of a State Park, with the Atlantic Ocean less then 2 miles away.
I'm ready for a change of lifestyle. I'll let ye'all know when my business plan is finished and accepted...


Pics below: Florida teems with beautiful birdlife. The sandhill stork (left) and the pelicans weren't camera-shy.



No comments: