Monday, May 05, 2008

Kaap Toe!

In a while I'll be flying to South Africa, via Detroit and Amsterdam down the lenght of the mighty African continent. But for a brief stint in January 2005, I've not been "home" for nearly 6 years. I'm anxious to see if good old Cape Town is still home, or a place I can call home now and in the future.
It has nothing to do with political unrest, self-consumed leaders, the weather at the time, or even my beloved friends whom I miss very much. It is about a feeling of the heart. Home is after all where the heart is, and my heart is in Miami, where a certain Mrs. Sarah Bouwer resides and where we've carved out a temporary niche for ourselves.
Miami is definitely not a place we want to stay in for much longer. But we're here now. On the other side, my family is in Cape Town - and everybody else I miss spending time with.
This is the age of globalization, and the world has become small and easily accessible/transferable.

Miami, or Cape Town, or elsewhere?
It's going to be an interesting visit...

No comments: