Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Incredible Lightness of Just Being

This has been way too long a Blog-silence - the past 2 weeks.

On Saturday I completed the last requirements for my MBA, defending my thesis in front of a panel of judges. Driving to a dinner with Sarah and some classmates, it felt like emerging from a long period underground, from a cave-like existence back into the light. And light as a feather!

Sarah though, started her Masters a couple of weeks ago and I think the brutality of studying AND working full-time has hit her. Her course is very intense and although it seems less problem solving-oriented as my business course was, there is more academics in the true sense of the word involved. If that makes any sense...

We spend the weekend at good friends' place at the beach. Vegg is too active a word to describe my state of being Saturday and Sunday! Will miss the sun, sand and surf as I travel to African Winter tomorrow to spend a few weeks with my family in Cape Town, 3 years since I stepped on African soil.
Te lank gelede, seg ek.
Sien uit om die vele nuwe aanwinste tot die vele jong gesinne van my vriende te ontmoet!

No comments: