Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Part 9 - Miami


The week before their second weeklong cruise, my family spend with us in Miami. Seven days were a very restricted time for me to show them where we live - "our valley".

Sarah and I took them everywhere we thought they'd find cool. And in the end - guess what excited my sister Marli and JP the most - the USPS truck and plain ol' Burger King and Taco Bell!
Pictures: Ice hockey game in Kendall, Sunday afternoon. This was pretty exciting and I'm glad they got to experience the fastest game on earth.

Second picture: The UPS truck seemed to have all of Marli's attention. She loved the little Postman Pat truck.

3rd Picture: Marli and J.P. at Bayside, a huge mall on the waterfront where the yachts dock and the cruise ships come in, close to Downtown Miami. Very similar to the Waterfront in Cape Town, a little spiced up with Latino bands and influence.

Picture: J.P. on South Beach. This was their favorite place. For any hotblooded man, of course! But South Beach has a funky young vibe, lots of restaurants, clubs, artsy shops, galleries, cobble stone streets. There's always a chance you'll see a celebrity here - and of course it's recognizable if you watch CSI Miami or have watched Miami Vice.

Last picture: I took them to a real old-style diner for lunch and milk shakes. They were "oo-ing" and "aaaa-ing" just like I did the first time I stepped into one. This is Sarah and my big joke. She hates American food and I love it!

No comments: