Tuesday, July 24, 2007

First Weekend in Chicago

Last weekend I spend in Chicago's Lake Forest-Grey Lake area with Schalk and Marlene and little Evert Reynolds. It was fantastic spending time with old friends.

Dit gaan heel goed met hulle en ons het die naweek dan ook op die regte manier begin - met 'n stewige braai! Ek het myself gate uit by hulle geniet en het hul eg Suid-Afrikaanse gasvryheid baie waardeer.

I used my last day with them to take the train to Union Station, Downtown Chicago, to visit this beautiful city on the shores of Lake Michigan. I loved every minute of it! It's such a clean, beautiful, historically rich city and I had to carefully choose which sites I'd could divide my little time among. Among other's I went up the Sears Towers to enjoy a splendid view.
It's hard to tell yourself looking at the big Lake that it's actually a freshwater mass. One's eyes tells you that lots of water is ocean.
Here's a link to some pictures:
Tuesday it's off to Champaign-Urbana and the University of Illinois' main campus.
Looking forward to the upcoming conference.

No comments: