Thursday, April 10, 2008

Changes

I love change...at least I used to. Change is something that is inevitable. However, I am way more open to change when it's a complete new, like ending a new book and starting new one. Today however, that did not happen. Instead, it's like a commercial break occurred and the program will be resuming shortly. In short..... we turned in our letter of intent of moving. Where to? I don't know and wouldn't even mind if we were moving from Florida, but we're not. This might not seem like anything big, but to me it's huge! Miami is so flipping expensive that I'm stressing that I'll end up living in a postage stamp like house paying an extortionist rate as we look for a closer place to work.

The problem is I work in the Gables, an extremely expensive area. Anything decent is going to run you $1500 and up. Yet, I'm so tired of driving an hour to work each way for a whopping 11 miles. If we lived closer, then not only would I save on time, but gas, wear and tear, etc as well. Not only that, Marco works north-west and by moving, he'll also be slightly closer.

What's frustrating about this whole thing is we have to give a 60 day notice before moving out. So, as we're looking, the places that we're looking at are not the ones that we'll be moving into- no one is willing to hold an apartment for 2 months. We did ask for a grace period and could we give a 45 day notice of the intent to move out (giving us a little more time to see our options and make a final decision of whether we should do this). Without even a thought our management gave a resounding no- if you want the apartment, you'll have to reapply for it. Never mind that we've lived here 3 years, have always paid our rent early, have made no disturbances ( unlike our neighbors with 3 arrests taking place in this last lease alone!), don't have kids who are selling/ doing drugs in the gym, and pretty much keep to ourselves....

There's just an uncertainty to the whole thing that makes me go, yuck!

No comments: