Sunday, March 18, 2007

Broadway Comes to Miami!











Saturday night I had the wondrous privilege to tick off yet another item on my Must-Do-List. I saw a Broadway Show. Those of you living in London or New York might think "duh", but in most other places in the world that's a big accomplishment. Miami is culturally starved.

We saw WICKED, currently the most popular Broadway show, which tells the story of what happened before the Wizard of Oz happened. Thoroughly enjoyable. No, enthralling and magical.
Miami's newly build Opera House - the Carnival Center for the Performing Arts - was finished last month, a spectacular piece of architecture.
Through friends we were able to meet the cast of WICKED after the show, which was pretty special. I can now say I have met the Wizard of Oz. Down the yellow brick road...

Something said during the play that really stuck: "The Truth lies not in sense and reason, the Truth is what the people believe." Ironically true.

No comments: