Sunday, May 13, 2007

S14-Plesier!

Saterdag die twee S14-semi's by die Ninneman's van F. Lauderdale gekyk - "Happy birthday bro". Ons was uiteindelik 'n aansienlike groepie Suid-Afrikaners bymekaar, wat immers vreeslik lekker was.

As I explained to Sarah, on a relative scale there really ain't that many of us around. No matter where you are, some of the first questions a fellow S.African would ask is; "Where're you from?" and "Do you perchance know....?" And I've not met a fellow - be it Taichung, Taipei, Hong Kong, Bali, Phi-Phi, Krabi, Miami etc. - where we could Not establish a mutual acquaintance within a few minutes.

Thus on Saturday I could prove my theory to Sarah, who just shook her head in amazement. Turns out (Saturday) another invitee and me both grew up in Durbanville, where his brothers went to school with me! Small SA world.

Pic:The viewing of the semi-finals was done in luxury. The ladies had the house. Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale.

No comments: